had been with some friends enjoying a Friday night, all good, all quiet. At the time of the earthquake (2/27/2010 3:34:14), I was watching TV when the power goes out first, looking out the window the whole sector is in darkness and begin to perceive the movement. The first few seconds the motion was as any shaking, but a few moments after the great earthquake began, I ran into the hallway and then I see my mother hugs me (actually almost stifling me so hard that I said) and then my Dad arrives and we join the three for two minutes longer feel the floor moving, at least one meter from side to side, the noise they heard was amazing things could be heard hundreds of crumbling, broken glass noise could be heard as falling boxes, as exploited lamps were lit as the alarms of cars and houses, prayed to God to stop. What resulted was more afraid of us hear the creaking of the building, was a crash that caused you tremendous insecurity, thinking that the soil where you were could collapse was a creepy feeling.
After the two minutes ended the longest of my life, I let go of my mother's arms and ran to open the door Thank God I had no trouble opening - many of our neighbors were trapped in their own departments that have tight security doors remained locked and had to tear them down - before I started looking headlights off since we were in complete darkness - at least manages to get out of bed with the phone in hand, hence the Facebook group "I TMB USE AS CELL TORCH IN THE EARTHQUAKE " - I searched all the flashlights we had, they replace the batteries to some, dress warmly dressed and when we were about to lose landline phone rings, it was I who ran to answer, reply and Vallenar was my grandmother, was telling que aquí en Santiago el movimiento seguro que fue terremoto cuando comienza una replica y escucho nuevamente como crujia el departamento, en verdad me asusté pensando que el sismo solo había tomado un respiro y que aún no terminaba el terremoto, le grite a mi abuela que estábamos todos bien, colgué el teléfono y corrí hacia la puerta para bajar junto a mi familia a tierra.
Nos encontramos con el vecino al salir, que ya había bajado - a pies pelados - y que había vuelto a subir a buscar ropas y cosas para su hijo de 7 días, nos pregunto como nos encontrábamos y los 4 nos dispusimos a bajar con calma los 11 pisos a través de la escalera de emergencia, cuando llegamos al hall encontramos a todos nuestros neighbors there, people with panic attacks, others more quiet but nervous and women with their children sitting in chairs. We met with some acquaintances in the parking lot of visits, I learned through my mp4 and Radio Cooperativa from the epicenter and magnitude of the earthquake (Bio Bio Region, 8.5 ° on the Richter scale) will report to some and we talked restless and nervous. A good friend came to fetch the bride's family to his dad and talk a while with him, told me that his bed had fallen on all the things in his stool and his brother had "an earthquake-proof sleeping" and that were not even aroused only with movement. My dad went to get the the underground car parked it up, after a while we entered the car and tried to sleep, but my mom is someone who is talking and calms down the hall, accompanied her as they felt nervous and I was with her for a while as we watched TVN and the car went back to sleep.
other hand, my brother had gone to sleep at a friend's house, luckily I managed to call before collapsing the lines and knew he was alright, then, since the day it would all come to look for a problem and we did not know the exact address and the cell failed.
When it was morning we went to the apartment and began to see the situation thereof had not gone far, only a few dropped frames, broken dishes and a lamp exploded. The chilling sound of crackling was internal partitions that broke loose, and even ran, but as it is not structural walls were only superficial damage, ufff luckily it was nothing compared to the fear that made us feel the bang. We began to clean the house, to sweep the large amount of dust, to collect glass, place the furniture in place and all that. After fetching my brother we went to the house of my aunt, she has more than 80 years, lives alone and no one could communicate with her. We arrived and was well, although nervous, he had received help neighbors and had also been visiting earlier. Breakfast and lunch with her, take his bed to sleep a bit and accompany us on the first day post-disaster.
The television pictures of Constitution, Dichato, Concepción, destroyed buildings, homeless people sleeping rough are shocking, I call on everyone to help I have already begun to find that I can donate clothes and what else I can do, the desperation of the people is great but I call for calm.
I have contacted most of my friends and they are doing well, but I pray for their families in the south so that they are well, thank God my family are all safe and sound.
I hate thieves, not those who looted supermarkets in desperation for food, if those who take advantage of and not ashamed of stealing plasma televisions, washing machines, appliances or clothing brand, I hope they receive a punishment for their actions, either through the courts or as God commands. So also critical that the Navy made a mistake in the tsunami warning, it's amazing that institutions do not work. Chile
I call him up, to rebuild our country and learn from this experience, we take advantage of each day to the fullest, live life, so pray for the repose of the deceased, to be welcomed in heaven and may God comfort their families.
Chile Help
0 comments:
Post a Comment